Benefits of Floating and Sensory Deprivation
Floatation Therapy is a healing treatment using sensory deprivation for your physical body, mental and emotional health and spiritual growth. Our custom designed float room contains a large pool like tub filled with warm water, hundreds of pounds of salt, and total silence. Floating in space without the sensation of gravity holding you down, you are free to let go and completely relax the mind and body.There is nothing holding you down.
Although this modality is fairly new to the holistic world, it has the attention of medical professionals and growing bodies of research around it efficacy and treatment potential. Recent studies performed in the United States and Sweden indicate that flotation therapy delivers wide-ranging benefits including significant reductions in stress, chronic pain, swelling, headaches, depression and insomnia. Lower blood pressure and improved skin.
Doctors, athletes, and float enthusiasts use Floatation Therapy for neurological, circulatory, respiratory, digestive, muscular, skeletal, and hormonal balance. Floatation Therapy brings the body back into homeostasis or balance.
Conditions Treated by Floatation Therapy
- Chronic Stress
- High blood pressure
- Migraine headache
- Rheumatism and Arthritis
- Chronic pain
- Jet lag
- Insomnia and other sleep disorders
- Back pain
- Pre-menstrual tension
- Post-natal depression
- Mental Benefits
- Stimulates left/right brain synchronization
- Shifts brain waves from beta to lower frequency alpha, theta and delta
- Creates mental clarity and alertness
- Increases creativity, problem solving and accelerates learning
- Expands awareness, intensifies acuteness of all the senses and aids to deepen meditation
- Physical Benefits
- Reduces Stress and supports overall balance
- Decreases the production of cortisol, ACTH, lactic acid and adrenaline
- Relieves pain, increases production of endorphins
- Speeds up rehabilitation and recovery
- Boosts immune function, improves circulation and distribution of oxygen and nutrients
- Reduces blood pressure, pulse, heart rate and oxygen consumption
- Improves athletic performance, prevent sports injuries, speeds the healing/recovery process
Need more information? Give us a call at 910-864-6257 or send us an email.