iRest Yoga Nidra Level 1 Training
November 2-6, 2018 The Art and Science of Integrative Restoration
iRest Yoga Nidra has been developed over the past thirty years by Richard Miller, PhD, a clinical psychologist, author, researcher and yogic scholar, and is uniquely suitable for a Western audience. Extensive research has shown that iRest effectively supports the healing process across a broad range of populations. Currently, there are iRest programs in military hospitals across the U.S., as well as in correctional facilities, hospices, clinics, schools, and organizations supporting personal growth and well-being. In June of 2010, iRest was endorsed by the US Army Surgeon General and Defense Centers of Excellence as a complementary and alternative medicine (CAM).
As a yoga and meditation teacher and trainer, professional speaker, consultant, and writer, Molly Birkholm inspires others to create meaningful life changes. Using research-based yoga and mindfulness meditation techniques, Molly’s stress management programs, resiliency training, corporate retreats, and trauma treatment programs are used by leaders and top organizations around the world, including the U.S. Department of Defense, the American Psychiatric Association, and the Young Presidents’ Organization. Molly is a featured teacher for Yoga International and the host of an online year-long Women’s Empowerment Initiative. As a co-founder of Warriors at Ease, Molly helped pioneer evidence-based, trauma-sensitive yoga and meditation programs for PTSD in the military and other communities affected by trauma, including human trafficking survivors, people in recovery, homeless, youth, prisoners, and refugees. She has conducted innovative clinical research with the National Institutes of Health and Department of Defense on these protocols. In addition, Molly actively supports human trafficking relief advocacy and education work through the non-profit organization Courageous Girls (www.courageousgirls.org). Each year, Molly offers retreats and teacher trainings. Molly is a Sivananda Yoga teacher, an iRest Yoga Nidra Teacher Training, and a Warriors at Ease Teacher Trainer. She lives in South Florida with her son, Santiago, and their yellow Labrador, Cleo.
REQUIRED reading and listening:
Richard Miller, Yoga Nidra: A Meditative Practice for Deep Relaxation and Healing (book with audio CD).
RECOMMENDED reading and listening:
iRest Program for Healing PTSD – Book
iRest Program for Healing Meditations with Richard Miller (audio recordings)
Integrative Restoration—iRest: The Principles and Practice of Yoga Nidra (6-volume audio recording)
iRest at Ease with Richard Miller (audio recording) or iRest at Ease with Kelly Boys (audio recording)
Resting in Stillness (audio recording)
Level I: Basic iRest® Training
PLEASE NOTE: In order to receive a certificate of attendance designating you as a Level I Teacher-in-Training you must arrive on time every day and attend all training sessions.
Friday, November 2, 2018;
Registration 5PM-6PM / Class – 6PM-8:30PM
Saturday, November 3, 2018 – Class 8:15AM-6PM
Sunday, November 4, 2018 – Class 8:30AM-6PM
Monday, November 5, 2018 – Class 8:30AM-6PM
Tuesday, November 6, 2018 – Class 8:30AM-6PM
Tuition: $1495 Earlybird/ $1595 Regular
(Includes a comprehensive manual and a level 1 training audio download.)
In this Level 1 Training, you will learn:
- The core principles and practice of iRest meditation.
- How to use iRest for your personal practice.
- How to teach and deliver iRest simply yet effectively in group and individual settings.
Following the Level 1 Training, you will:
- Join a global community of teachers teaching iRest in yoga studios, sleep clinics, rehabilitation and healthcare facilities, hospice, prisons, universities, schools, as well as in private practice.
- Be able to list yourself on the IRI website as a Level 1 Teacher in Training.
- Be able to access our “Teacher Resources” and our “Teachers Community Network” for further personal and professional support.
- Be recommended by IRI to people seeking iRest teachers in their local area.
iRest programs are typically taught as a guided meditation. Students can expect to lie down or sit comfortably during the practice.
The Level I Training is designed to provide you with the basic principles, history, theory, practice and delivery of iRest. This will allow you to incorporate the simple 10-step iRest protocol into your personal life, professional teaching or clinical practice. The protocol has been designed for use in various settings that include a personal practice, yoga environments, physical therapy, massage therapy, social work, clinical and medical settings, alternative or integrative medical practices as well as in-job training and job resiliency programs.
What is included:
The iRest Level I Training introduces you to the historical context and path of meditation in which iRest is embedded and provides you with an:
- Understanding of Eastern and Western psycho-spiritual perspectives that form the path of meditation and iRest.
- Understanding of the evidence-based research showing the efficacy of iRest and its use with different psycho-physical issues and populations.
- Understanding of iRest within the context of meditation.
- Understanding of the teacher-student relationship, teaching issues and ethical considerations.
- Teaches you the Ten Steps of iRest.
- Introduces and teaches you to use iRest for your personal practice.
- Teaches you how to teach iRest to groups and individuals in order to provide simple yet highly effective delivery of iRest in group and individual settings.
- Provides you the opportunity to participate in group lectures and peer discussion groups.
- Provides you the opportunity to receive and participate in multiple iRest experiential group and one-on-one practice sessions.
Level I iRest Attendees are eligible to:
- Use the designation “Teacher-in-Training Level I” in advertising and promotional materials, and when delivering iRest in public and professional settings. Those not intending to continue to Certification, may describe their teaching as “influenced by the iRest protocol and the teachings of Richard Miller and the Integrative Restoration Institute.”
- Be listed on the IRI website as a having attended the Integrative Restoration Institute’s iRest Level I Training.
- Post your personal profile on the IRI website, listing yourself as “Attended Level I iRest Training.” This posting will allow people who are seeking iRest group or individual sessions in their local area to find your name and view your qualifications as a provider of these sessions.
- Audit Level I Trainings at reduced rates.
- Utilize private mentoring from IRI Certified Mentors (additional fees apply).
- Access the valuable “iRest Teacher’s Resource Webpage” to download iRest teaching materials and professionally designed promotional brochures, flyers, and more!
- Join the iRest “Teacher’s Community Network” (TCN) (additional fees apply).
If you have previously completed an iRest Level I teacher training you may audit this event at a cost of $600 (manual not included, $100 manual fee paid to IRI if needed) Please contact Guiding Wellness to register as an auditing participant.